Well, weeks are short when you work so hard trying to bring the best game experience our game and make all players that have trusted in us by buying our early access version like each week a little bit more the game, and indirectly our work as developers.
The development in the last days has been even more complex, because we like to deliver what we commit too, and there so, we have started to bring into the main build the coop multiplayer features. For now only in local, but that we think to be able to make work correctly too in remote.
For now, we have tried several configurations of the screen, and we thought that an horizontal split screen was the best experience. Do you agree? We would love to listen to your opinion.
At the same time, we are thinking that the flip mechanism could become a kind of help me feature, or a kind of action that you could launch to the other player ( even if he donÂ´t wants it, as a way to drive the fun factor while playing. We are not sure if we will be able to include it in update #5 but we will certainly try.
– We have seen that in some occasions the player sends the box in the incorrect place, or due to a problem ( reading bug), the box gets lost in the level, which makes the player unable to progress without restarting the game. To avoid that situation, we have added a reset mechanism to the boxes. To activate it, the player only needs to stand to one of the illuminated tiles where the box can be sent to the other world and press the combination â€œRight Triggerâ€ + â€œBâ€ button on the gamepad. We are still evaluating it is the best combination of buttons, and donÂ´t hesitate to share with us your thoughts on it.
In the next build we will integrate it in the tutorial.
Jump dependent on frame rate. We have been trying to solve this bug through the last iterations of the game, and we think that we have finally been able to make the jump independent of the frame rate which allows for a better control of characters.
– The boxes were not able to get into the water or fire. When sending the boxes to the fire or the water, as to enable to cross over it, sometimes the boxes were getting stuck mid air, which blocked the path to move other boxes to the other side.
– Pile of boxes. In some cases a pile of more than 2 boxes were not able to move correctly.
– Jump pause in mid-air. When jumping, if the Right Trigger was pressed, then the player would freeze in mid-air.
– Princess Parallax. When the Princess Keiko when to the end of the platform, the parallax layer for the sky, was popping out in front of the wall.
– Roof Parkour. In the some situations, when some objects allowed it, the characters were able to make parkour through the roofs.
– Yet Another Performance. Fine tuning on each build small fractions of CPU and GPU code to improve the performance of the build, and as we bring the co-op modes in, it will become even more crucial to gain in this point.
And we our recurrent invitation, remember that we would love to listen even more our community and get your thoughts, requests, suggestions, extra features or anything else that the community think could be interesting for the game.. We have come to steam early access to have the opportunity to make this last mile in the development with you ( our players) so, come on, letâ€™s fire up the community hub.